Where were you born?
I was born in Bonn, West Germany and my parents had a bakery. My father was a master baker and my mother sold the bread in the store and delivered the buns by bicycle early in the morning.
Which languages do you speak?
English, German, and French. I grew up in Germany and was 26 when I immigrated to Canada. I also spent a lot of time in Paris, France!
How long have you been in Real Estate?
I received my real estate license in Edmonton in 1979
What is your favourite part of the Real Estate industry?
I am a research man; I find it fascinating to see all the differences in various situations, locations and properties. The best feeling is when I can help to finalize the perfect deal and see the big smiles on the faces of my clients.
What are your achievements in real estate?
I was a working partner in Crescent Realty in Edmonton and in one year I worked myself to the #1 number position in the Bonnie Doon area in Edmonton. In 1981, I built a passive solar home and the Edmonton Journal newspaper featured me in a full page article. Then in 1986 I joined Re/Max Central in Edmonton and again was number one in the office month after month! In 1992 I joined Re/Max in Kelowna and I am often a top producer.
Throughout my career in real estate, I have received over 100 awards and I have appeared numerous times in The Daily Courier and various real estate magazines.
What are your achievements in life?
- I am a trained chef in Germany and worked in the finest hotels. I also went to hotel school and managed a very successful steakhouse in Germany.
- In 1976, I immigrated to Canada and worked at the Creperie and Waldens restaurants in Edmonton as a maitre D’.
- I learned to fly airplanes.
- I purchased my first home in 1978 and then went on to form a partnership with a group of people who purchased and fixed homes.
- In 1993 I did the FireWalk and was featured on CTV’s 60 minutes and on the front page of the Penticton Herald.
- In 1996, we built a new passive solar home on half an acre here in Kelowna, overlooking the lake.
- We were voted the Family of the Year by the Kelowna Yacht Club.
- In 2014 Julie and I were selected and danced the Paso Doble in “Swinging With The Stars” to support the Hospice House (COHA). We trained hard, had lots of fun and received the prestigious trophy for the most funds raised.
What are your favourite hobbies?
I try to always have has fun. I love listening to great crisp music and enjoying a glass of wine while creating a delicious dinner. I also enjoy sailing on our boat called “IMAGINE”, skiing, hiking and photography – especially when travelling with Julie!
What is your favourite book?
“Think and Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill
What has been the best day of your life so far?
When I knew Julie and I would be together for life and when Colin was born.
What is the best part of working with your family?
We have fun together, help each other unconditionally, can rely on each other and simply get it done.
I am so grateful and feel so blessed, that I am always surrounded by wonderful people in my life’s journey, especially my family.